The Man in the Bushes
16mm, TRT: 5:50, USA, 2017
A film by Vasilios Papaioannu and Emma Piper-Burket
A filmmaker follows a man as he searches for clues to understand the father he never knew.
The distance from the Moon to Earth averages 238,855 miles. Both astronomical bodies are made up of the same elements in different proportions; one supports life, the other does not. A filmmaker follows a man as he searches for clues to understand the father he never knew. Armed with a stack of photographs, a street address and the knowledge that the man's father was an astronaut, the two explore their surrounding environs in order to unravel the mysteries of living on planet earth.
• Moviate Underground Film Festival // Harrisburg, PA // May 2018
• London Greek Film Festival// London, UK // May 2018
• AXW, Anthology Film Archives // New York City, NY // April 2018
• The West Virginia Mountaineer Short Film Festival // Morgantown, WV // April 2018
• Lucca Film Festival e Europa Cinema // Lucca, Italy // April 2018
• IBAFF Festival Internacional de Cine de Murcia // Murcia, Spain // March 2018
• aDifferent Film Festival // Milwaukee, WI // February 2018